Skip to main content

"Those who stay will be champions"



Any one who knows anything about the history of The University of Michigan understands the meaning of that quote. Bo Schembechler will is cemented in football tradition at The University of Michigan, as the winningest coach in Michigan history. He coached thousands of players while at Michigan so it didn't seem possible that he would remember one specific player and this is where my memory begins...

Bo hasn't been coaching for a while but he was still very present on Michigan's campus. I as granted the opportunity to work with the recruitment staff. During this time I was introduced to this great man personally. I sat in his office in total awe! Not only because of his accomplishments but because he remembered who my father was. As soon as Bo heard my last name he was thrown into memories of my father and couldn't stop telling me how wonderful my father was. I will never forget that moment. I just wish I told him my hopes of becoming a coach. I would have loved to hear first hand advice from him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled thoughts

After Bible Study last night something hit me; that I have the tendency to be apathetic about things that happen to me in life. I'm willing to just see what happens. Which at times can be a good thing but I have come to realize it hasn't been working for me. There are some things that I need to be more proactive about: 1. My relationship with God. See it's not just enough that I am saved. There is way more to being connected to God then going to church one day a week and telling people that I'm a Christian. While I'm not going to be perfect there are numerous things that I can be doing to strengthen and expand my faith. Beginning with what I do at home. I have always thought that it was possible to just read the Bible once maybe twice a week, pray when I was need of something and everything be OK. This I have come to realize is not true. In order to have the relationship with God that I desire I need to be in constant communication with the Lord. And this has to sta...

#RoadToCandidacy

The moment you've all been waiting for, or maybe not, either way it's here!! As of today at 7:44 am my Qualifying Exams are underway!! That's right, for the next 2 months I will be on locked down writing at least 60 pages in response to 3 questions. Send me snacks, love, luck, motivation, and things to do for fun times (because baby girl will need a break)! Hopefully my depression and anxiety are willing to work with me. With that I am off to get started on Question #1! #RoadToCandidacy

RIP

Yesterday, I found that my Aunt Lou (my grandmother's sister) passed. This is my first time dealing with the of someone so close to me. When my sisters and I spent summers in Detroit we spent a majority of our time with her. It has been hard for me to deal with mostly because my grandmother has lost both of her younger sisters. The only thing I can think of is that my grandmother being the oldest is going to be gone soon as well.